If you are interested in attending any events please contact us or register on our mailing list. Some events are restricted to members of respective Infrastructure Lab groups.
Click here for events which are open to Future of Infrastructure Group members only.
Click here for events which are open to Canada-U.S. Infrastructure Group members only.
- This event has passed.
Canada-U.S. Infrastructure Exchange – The Road to Transit Electrification
February 11 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Across North America transit agencies are updating their fleets with lower emission vehicles. As well as providing environmental benefits that help meet national and local environmental goals, electric vehicles also come with lower operating costs.
Local governments and transit agencies have often been at the forefront of tackling climate change and the shift from diesel buses to electric is a shift many transit agencies are making. Although there are benefits including reduced fuel costs, less vehicle noise, improved air quality, and reduced emissions, as with any transition there are challenges to overcome.
This discussion will draw on the experience of transit agencies from Canada and the U.S. and leading companies in the sector to explore those challenges, and identify the most effective approaches to overcoming them, and lessons learned through the process.
– Dr. Josipa Petrunic, President and CEO of CUTRIC
– Leah O’Dwyer, Head of eBus Infrastructure, ChargePoint
– David Warren, Director of Sustainable Transportation, New Flyer
– Jeffrey Busby, Director of Infrastructure Program Management, TransLink
– Danny Ilioiu, Zero-Emissions Fleet Strategic Planning Manager, King County Metro
– Martin Claessens, Principal Commercial Officer, US Commercial Services