If you are interested in attending any events please contact us or register on our mailing list. Some events are restricted to members of respective Infrastructure Lab groups.
Click here for events which are open to Future of Infrastructure Group members only.
Click here for events which are open to Canada-U.S. Infrastructure Group members only.
- This event has passed.
Learning from Australia’s Infrastructure Audit | Infrastructure Assessment Roundtable
June 10 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
March 31, 2021 Canada launched an engagement paper for the first National Infrastructure Assessment. The assessment will look at Canada’s long-term need and vision, improve coordination between owners and funders, and determine the best ways to fund and finance infrastructure. This will help to shape an evidence-based approach to long-term planning, focused on outcomes.
The Australian Infrastructure Audit first conducted by the independent body Infrastructure Australia in 2015 and updated every 5 years. As well as looking at future trends, and cross-sectoral challenges, the Audit examined ways to improve industry efficiency, capacity, and capability. The Audit is also used as the basis to develop the Australian Infrastructure Plan. This discussion aims to draw lessons from Australia’s experience to ensure investments in infrastructure deliver better value and better outcomes.
Discussion chairs: Rowan Mills, Arup and Catherine Jones, Plenary
• Adrian Dwyer, CEO, Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
• Peter Colacino, Chief of Policy and Research, Infrastructure Australia
• Paul Crowe, Chief Investment Officer, Plenary Group (Aus)
• Richard Sharp, Principal, Arup (Aus)
• Tim Gosbell, Regional Director Victoria, WSP (Aus)
• Priscilla Radice, CEO, Infrastructure Association Queensland
• Olivia MacAngus, Chair, Future of Infrastructure Group (Can)
• Jody Becker, Chief Strategy Officer, EllisDon (Can)
• Gareth Newlands, National VP Property and Buildings, WSP (Can)
• Robert Judge, Director General, National Infrastructure Assessment, Infrastructure Canada/Gerard Peets, ADM, Policy and Research Branch, Infrastructure Canada
• Andrew Posluns, Senior Director, Corporate Planning, Policy and Research, Canada Infrastructure Bank
• Tasha Hanes, Director General, Sectoral Policy Analysis Division/Salman Dostmohammad, Strategic Advisor, Finance Canada
• Shannon Flint, Deputy Minister, Alberta Infrastructure