If you are interested in attending any events please contact us or register on our mailing list. Some events are restricted to members of respective Infrastructure Lab groups.
Click here for events which are open to Future of Infrastructure Group members only.
Click here for events which are open to Canada-U.S. Infrastructure Group members only.
- This event has passed.
Learning from the U.K.’s National Infrastructure Assessment | Infrastructure Assessment Roundtable
June 14 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
On March 31, 2021 Canada launched an engagement paper for the first National Infrastructure Assessment. The assessment will look at Canada’s long-term need and vision, improve coordination between owners and funders, and determine the best ways to fund and finance infrastructure. This will help to shape an evidence-based approach to long-term planning, focused on outcomes.
The U.K. National Infrastructure Assessment was conducted by the National Infrastructure Commission in 2018 to help inform the U.K. government’s infrastructure needs in the lead up to 2050. Since the full report was released, in November 2020, the National Infrastructure Strategy was introduced outlining the recommendations found during consultations. This discussion aims to draw lessons from the U.K.’s experience to ensure investments in infrastructure deliver better value and better outcomes.
Discussion chairs will be Jeff Seider, WSP and Magda Sabat, Pomerleau
• Julia Prescot, Commissioner, National Infrastructure Commission (co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Meridiam)
• Isabel Dedring, Global Transport Leader, Arup (former Deputy Mayor of London and advisor National Infrastructure Assessment)
• Rachel Skinner, Executive Director WSP/President of the Institution of Civil Engineers (former Infrastructure Commissioner for Scotland)
• Keith Waller, Program Director, Construction Innovation Hub (developed the Value Toolkit)
• Alexandra Bolton, Executive Director, Centre for Digital Built Britain
• Olivia MacAngus, Chair, Future of Infrastructure Group
• Robert Judge, Director General, National Infrastructure Assessment, Infrastructure Canada/Gerard Peets, ADM, Policy and Research Branch, Infrastructure Canada
• David Morley, Group Head, Corporate Affairs, Policy and Communications, Canada Infrastructure Bank
• Tasha Hanes, Director General, Sectoral Policy Analysis Division/Shawn Grover, Director, Infrastructure Section, Finance Canada
• Tim Chapman , Direct Infrastructure Design, Arup (Technical Advisory Group for the UK National Infrastructure Commission)
•Sam Boutziouvis, VP Government Relations, SNC Lavalin